Grades of Teak Wood
We sell nothing but plantation-grown teak wood furniture, however ---
All teak wood falls into three grades:
1) Grade-A (We call this Premium Teak)
2) Grade-B (We call this Plantation Teak)
3) Grade-C (We never sell this grade)
The differences are:
1) Grade A teak is taken from the center of the tree and is always uniform in color.
2) Grade-B teak is taken between the outer portion and the inner portion of the tree, and may contain slight variations in color.
3) Grade-C teak is taken from the outer portion of the tree and may contain a few knots (We no not offer any Grade-C products.)
Special Note: There is no difference in the strength or quality between Grade-B and Grade-A teak, so to make some of our teak products more reasonably priced, we ocassionally offer Grade-B teak products.
To make it very easy to tell the difference:
1) We always designated our Grade-A products as Premium Teak
2) We always designated our Grade-B products as Plantation Teak
We hope that this helps.
----The Patio Port Team---